Lobster Cooking Instructions
1) In a large pot (the bigger the better) bring 2-3” of water to a rolling boil with a steaming rack if you have one (not required).
2) Add enough salt until the water stops boiling (1/4 – ½ cup).
3) Add lemon juice, lemon rinds and Old Bay Seasoning to the water if desired.
4) Remove the bands from the lobsters with kitchen shears or your hands (if you like to live dangerously).
5) When water returns to a rolling boil add the lobsters, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
(Be careful that the pot does not boil over so you don’t have to spend 30 minutes cleaning the stovetop after you eat!)
6) Remove lobsters from pot and rinse under cold water in sink.
For melted butter:
Simmer unsalted butter and lemon juice. Stir in salt to taste.