Royal Belgian Osetra Caviar from Turnhout, Belgium


( / )

SAVE 50% on ANY 30g or 100g tin of Caviar with purchase of any perishables. Choose from Oysters, Live Clams, Frozen Lobster or Scallops, Live Lobsters, or any other Caviar.

Please select all options.

Tin Size: 30g

Notify me when this product is available:


Ready for a close up! The beads are a beautiful and consistent shimmer of greens and grays. A resounding 'Wow' echoed throughout the room when our team tasted this for the first time. Incredibly round, buttery flavor with just enough toasted kelp and salt to make your taste buds sing.


Acipenser Gueldenstaedtii

Why We Love It

This farm is 100% vertically integrated and extremely dedicated to sustainable farming practices. They produce their own feed, breed their own sturgeon stocks in a hatchery run on 100% solar energy, tending to the entire process from egg to the final cured kilo. They also recycle and filter 97% of their total water consumption into pure water, with the remaining 3% used in local agriculture.

About Royal Belgian Caviar

Royal Belgian was founded by Flor Joosen in 2002 which at the time, made them the first and only Belgian caviar producers on the market! Farming has always been a part of Flor's DNA, having started his career in cattle farming and spending over 10 years learning the art and science of Sturgeon farming before starting his own operation. Royal Belgian's approach to caviar is to produce a product that is as close to the experience of a wild osetra as possible. Rooted in simplicity and tradition with the belief that time-tested processes don't need to be messed with.


OK, let's start at the beginning. We're in the Royal Belgian sturgeon hatchery. Belgian Barry White is playing on the radio, the lights are dimmed. The hatchery crew take unfertilized eggs from female sturgeon and combine them with sperm from the male sturgeon in a bowl. Using a feather [because in the wild eggs are naturally very sticky so they can stick to rocks and such in rivers], stir the eggs to activate the fertilization process. The feather is softer and less "sticky" than a paddle or spoon, resulting in less damage to the eggs. Wild!

The sturgeon are then raised in bucolic outdoor ponds until they reach at least 9-10 years of age, at which point ultrasound is used to determine egg readiness before harvest.

⚠ Prop 65 Warning

Consuming this product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to


How much should I buy?

30g (serves 1-2)
100g (serves 5-8)
250g (serves 10-15)
1000g (serves 20-40)

Ok, I bought it. Now what?

Congrats! You made a great choice, pal.

The caviar is totally fine if it is unopened for 4-6 weeks from receipt in the refrigerator. Once opened, the caviar should be eaten within 2-3 days. The longer the tin has been opened, the more the caviar degrades in quality so we suggest eating right away after the tin has been unsealed.

How do I open this damn thing?

Pros know to use a caviar key (a tool made for this very purpose). Real pros will use anything within arms reach—a screwdriver, a shucking knife, anything that gives you leverage to pry the lid open.

How do I store caviar?

The caviar tin should be kept as cold as possible. Pull your tin out of the packaging and put it in a bowl filled with ice. Place in the fridge and continue to replenish the ice so that it stays chilled. The caviar is fine for 4 weeks if it is unopened. Once opened, the caviar should be eaten within 2-3 days. The longer the tin has been opened, the more the caviar degrades in quality so we suggest eating right away after the tin has been unsealed – that should be easy.

How do I know if it's bad?

Oh you'll us.